How to Prepare Watermelon Juice and its Benefits
Watermelon is one of the juiciest and the coolest fruits amongst all. There is no doubt that watermelon is a perfect summer fruit as it helps the body in managing the extreme heat. However, with increase in technology, watermelon has now become a fruit that is available all the year round. Along with this, another associated benefit is that of affordability.
This fruit is something that everyone can spend on each day without putting extra pressure on the expenses. Some people prefer making tasty juice out of watermelon. Not only is it a treat to the taste buds but also it has a lot of health benefits for you.
Once you plan to include this natural boon in you daily diet, it is important to get acknowledged to two significant things. One is how to prepare watermelon juice in a perfect manner and second is the advantages it is stored with. For both, you can keep reading this guide below. It will give you various reasons to try this fruit juice!
See More: Benefits Of Grape Juice
Method to Prepare Watermelon Juice:
- Freshly cut watermelon pieces (without the seeds)
- Food Processor/Mixer Grinder/ Juicer
- Rose Petal Jam/Gulkand 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Rock Salt a pinch (optional)
- Chaat Masala (optional and according to taste)
- Some Ice Cubes
- The first thing is to chop the watermelon just before you are planning to prepare the juice. Make sure you take out all the seeds properly to avoid any negativity in the taste.
- Take a clean blender or juicer and to this add the watermelon as well as the rose petal jam (if needed) and blend well. Once done you can add some rock salt and chaat masala to it and with ice cubes pour the juice in the glasses.
- For those who are fasting, it is preferable not to take any salt or chaat masala. The juice tastes good even with gulkand.
- One can consider taking sugar if gulkand (rose petal jam) is not available.
Benefits of Watermelon Juice:
Keeps Diseases at Bay:
There is lycopene content in watermelon that is one of the powerful antioxidants and helps in destroying the free radicals that causes damage to the skin and body cells. This helps in flushing out all the toxins from the body that otherwise might lead to various ailments. Lycopene also helps in keeping away inflammation.
See More: Cranberry Juice
Lowers Bad Cholesterol:
There are vitamins and antioxidants in watermelon juice that helps in lowering the bad cholesterol in the body and thus keeps away the issues of high risks of strokes and heart attacks. Cardiovascular health is secured with having watermelon juice each day.
Weight Loss Advantage:
There is almost no fat in watermelon and is solely made of water and minerals. The rich levels of vitamins and electrolytes not only makes it a power packed food item but also ensures that there is no fat in the body to aid weight loss.
There is vitamin B6 in watermelon juice that helps in relaxing the mind and keeping away depression, anxiety and stress. This is one of the benefits that is bound to help you in this challenging environment.
There are anti-ageing agents in watermelon juice that can keep the skin healthy and away from dull factors like wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes and more. It does so by destroying the free radicals that damages the skin cells otherwise.
See More: Advantages Of Amla Juice
The amount of potassium, sodium, carbohydrates and minerals in watermelon juice helps in giving instant energy to the body. It also adds on to the hydration level in good ways.
Helps in Digestion:
The fiber content in watermelon helps in adding bulk to the bowels and thus makes digestion process smoother and keeps away issues of constipation.
Images source: shutterstock